Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sticky Gooey Delicious Chex Mix

I had this at my cousin's house on Halloween and I've been craving it ever since. It takes less than 15 minutes to make.
photo via google images

1 cup butter
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup sugar
6 cup rice chex
6 cup corn chex
1 cup slivered almonds (or any nut you enjoy really)

Stir butter, light karo syrup, and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil for about minutes.  Pour over the mix, stirring well.   Spread mixture on Wax or Parchment paper and let sit for about an hour. 


I'm going to mix it up a little and try it with different nuts as well (like pecans, cashews, maybe macadamia.  I think walnuts would be too strong). And maybe brown sugar instead of white.  14 wants me to add pretzels to the mix.  17 wants me to use Honey Graham cereal also.

Let me know what you try! 

Keep in a dry, airtight container.  I don't know how long it keeps, we ate a whole bowl in one day!

No comments: